Friday, October 19, 2012

Mama Bear

Do you ever feel like an experience  or day in your life could be an episode of Modern Family?
Every once in  a while I will just think to myself "Man, that could be a scene in a sit com".
One such experience happened a few weeks back.  It is under not very fun circumstances but the vision you get in your head is worth the telling.
Kent and I got up early on Monday morning and having both taken work off to attend his Uncle Lamar's funeral we both went in to tell Tudi good morning.  Her night had been plain awful and she had been up since 2am throwing up. This was the first time she had been that sick while at our home and we were both concerned about leaving.  Luckily Miss Aly was available to come and hang out. After a beautiful funeral for Uncle Lamar a few of the attendees that are close with Tudi and do not get down in our neck of the woods but once a year decided to come to our house to visit with her.  Now under normal circumstances we would have said that this was not a good time but it was a now or never thing and so we agreed to let them come.  On the way home we called Laurie to tell her that Tudi had not been doing well and wondered if she could come that evening to take a look at her.   Weeellllll, I knew that she wouldn't be thrilled with the idea of visitors coming to see Tudi when she was not feeling well so I thought I had better warn her that it was happening. I was still in hopes that company and Laurie would magically come at different times so that it would be a non issue. To my surprise and maybe horror it was Laurie's day off and she said that she would be at our home in an hour. Ask Kent I was a nervous wreck.  I want Laurie to feel like we are taking care of Tudi like she is the Queen of England! Let's also keep in mind I did not even go into how many people were coming over....... oh, man Laurie is going to KILL me! When we arrived home I don't even think I could put two thoughts together I was so anxious about how things were going to go down.
 Ding Dong! There's the doorbell.  Oh, gosh!  (Imagine this picture in your head.)
 There is Laurie large as life, hands on either side of the door frame, leaning in with that MAMA BEAR look on her face and five smiling guests standing in a huddle right behind her.
 I think that my heart stopped and then something happened........ I just felt the most incredible love fill my little beatin heart.  This woman loves Tudi something fierce and I am taken back by the strength of it.  She has known this incredible woman her whole entire life! She doesn't even know a life without her in it because Tudi was probably one of the first people to snuggle and love her.  All of a sudden I was struck with the realization (and maybe a touch of jealousy) of how many more years they have been in each others lives.
I am no longer anxious about Laurie Mama Bearing out on me because if it happens I know I will see it for what it truly is.....pure, beautiful, transcendent LOVE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment